Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

fate Staring at change



Suddenly a roar rose and people rush towards entrance of garden. It was Lord Hinushi, with his followers. They were carrying a cage and a box. Hinushi was a tall old brown man, dressed like a monk with long black hair and beard, his head held high in air with selfish pride, a witty smile and wrinkled forehead  were evident of his great intelligence to people. People were clashing to touch the feet to get  some dust of the man close to almighty. He asked his followers to put that cage and box near the banyan tree at center of garden. 


Running his finger on beautiful mosaic surface of box , he called me with  affectionate smile on face . As I was approaching him My view caught the creature inside the cage.It was a big dark cat. With his bright eyes he was following me. But his eyes were very calm as if he was harmless. Hinushi put his hand on my shoulder ans ask,
-- why you lokk so puzzled and scared ? What is bothering you ? my son !
Looking at his smiling  face I shook my head approvingly but remained silent.
He then said,
-- do you know why you are here ? A bad creature is waiting for his turn to do something bad for us , and he dont like cute children. Now how can we take change with our dear innocent Naga ! 
Then he lifted me and affectionately rub my cheek and said,
---We will perform a ritual to satisfy God so that he would protect our dear people from that demon .Now go and sit inside that circle dear. 
I saw a circle drawn on ground by chalk.As said I sat inside it. They started some ritual. Suddenly that cat drew my attention.He was still staring me. He was panting badly. I started feeling bad for him. Then gradually a cold feeling turned over me. My body became so heavy to me. Air was filled with sounds , yet deep inside me I was feeling abysmal silence. As if I was held captive like that creature. As if I could see my image in his eye; my loneliness and emptiness . Then a humming sound entered my ears. Charming voice of a woman, overflown with affection. But sound was poking me. I was feeling too empty, not even a desire to move a muscle. That cat was staring at me with bright eyes , so familiar eyes. Then suddenly ,being sick of all feelings brewing in my mind I rose and shook my head. I found that cat dead . After few moments ritual was over. Hinushi was addressing people . In that crowd I was alone. Alone with my heavy heart watching that poor cat with complaisant feeling.


At evening we came home. I was feeling so numb. That eyes were chasing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment