Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Alone in new journey 

 

 Shahnu offered me to stay with him. I accepted that call of journey. I didnot have any reason to look behind the road I left. It was just a road , lie before me, sneaking out of the view, touching the contours of lands. He took me to a goods train. 


Like a drifting wood in mid sea, on mercy of waves , that would take him somewhere, I was helpless.  Darkness was brewing.In the light of moon nature was smiling. We were sitting in a wagon on bundles of rice stalk. We both were silent , lost inside ownself. Suddenly Shahnu broke the silence,

--- So, I am curious to know how you have been living ! I mean, you are orphan, none to take care. Then how you managed stuffs for your belly.

I reamined silence for few moments , then replied,

--- I used to live with a person. 

--- wait, then why are you here ! What happened ?

 I just close my eyes and sank my head between knees, and said,
--- he driven me away.

--- Oh ! don't worry friend.God pissed on us ,yet life have to go on.   I meet a monk who said,

"what gone history and tomorrow is mystery, today is for you and you have to live it,then your today little bright with some joy from inside ".

but he didn't told me how to find joy when you are hungry but I managed it anyway .

I lift my head and looked at Shahnu. I didn't know much of him But I guessed that he was like me yet he laugh back to mocks of fate.



The wheels started rolling . Slowly the metal figure begun to move. I looked out. Railway track, lied till horizon, Gradually train gained speed. I was enjoying the wind. But I was little afraid too. I never did a train journey before .Town, village,jungles passed by. I asked Shahnu,

--- Where are we going ?

---I thought u would not ask. Its Bankur, a small town where I spent many days. I have few friends there.

---Why dont u stay at one place ?

---Because I am bird, buddy. Nothing to hold me back. Like a fallen leave wind sweep me away somewhere else.

Then after a pause he said to me,

---Naga, have a nap. Its still few hour journey. We will be reaching Bankur by dawn.



No comments:

Post a Comment