Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Day



It’s raining now. I hear the thunder. But I feel peace inside me. I have nowhere to go and have nothing to do. I didn’t know what would be my destiny. In this tranquility I recall my journey.
It had been raining for two days but not heavily. Rainbow showed up in the sky. I was standing on the door, looking at the rainbow. The view was like a painting. Suddenly I heard Shahnu.
--- What you doing?
I looked at him and took a long breath and replied
---- Nothing. Just standing over here and have nothing to do.
 
 
 
Then he followed my eye and said,
--- Rainbow! It’s like a fairy tale.
---- Fairy tale! Why!
Shahnu smiled and reply,
---- A colorful tale. A boy in story, poor and distressed, ended up finding something sterling. Many times find a princess or find his destiny that changes his fate or ….
He paused for a moment and looked into my eyes,
---- That doesn’t happen with us.
--- Why are you complaining?
He laughed and replied,
--- Me! Norway! I am fine with it. I can get what I want. In fact, I don’t want too much.
Then I took a deep breath and said,
--- I wonder where Neel is right now!
--- Don’t worry, he is fine. We are birds.

Then he ran outside and stretched his arms and shouted as if he was happy,
--- We can fly. New home, new place! Only the same sun remains with us.
Then he put off his shirt and started going round and round,
---- I love rain. Rain, rain, you came again, for your friend, to meet your friend.
He was acting weird, no doubt. I couldn’t take my eyes off him.
Then he bent his knees and sat down. For a moment I thought he was crying. But when he showed his face I saw a fake smile and he was looking serene.
He said to me,
--- Hey Naga! Are you happy with your life now?
--- It’s much better than what was before!
--- Would it be same! If things get changed. If wind changes its direction. What would happen to fallen leaves? Fallen leaves!
Suddenly, he started laughing. But it was like a mockery. A weird, cruel laugh! He almost scared me.

No comments:

Post a Comment