Popular Posts

Thursday, September 13, 2012


 Am I dreaming!


     I remember my dreams, not all. But I lived many dreams, as if it was another world for me. Sometimes I even wished to stay there but I awoke and forgot. I woke up to reality that confused me more, that seemed stranger than dreams to me. So, I never asked myself, “Am I dreaming?”, because reality wasn’t like real to me.
I woke up. My head was feeling heavy. I tried to move which inflicted a good pain to my limbs. I quit, sink in softness of bed. I looked around and realized I was probably in hospital as two more patients were on my right. I tried to think and my head hurt. Suddenly, a moment flashed in my mind and I uttered,
---Shahnu, station! What the hell!
Then I regain my composure and realized, someone had taken me to hospital. I sign of relief left me.
--- How you doing?
I suddenly heard a girl voice from my left. I looked and find a girl standing there. She was taller than me and older too, but a teenager. She had long black hair. She asked again,
--- How you doing?
I was little confused and scratched my head. I found that my head was covered with bandage.
She asked,
--- Does it hurt? You was hit hard on your head. Thank God, my family was there.
Then I asked or I should say mumbled,
--- Whaaat haapeneed.
--- Well, I think you should take rest. When did you wake up?
--- Just now!
--- You were unconscious for three day! How you doing!
I removed the bed sheet over my body and stared at my body. It was wearing a white dress. My hands right hand was wrapped up in bandage.
Then she offered me chocolates and asked,
--- What is your name?
I looked at her eyes. It was calm, just like Shahnu but it was deeper and darker. She had soothing smile on her face.
She asked again with more curiosity on face,
--- What is your name?
I replied,
--- Naga.
Then she asked,
--- What was you doing in station? Was your family with you? There do you live?
Fate had brought me to a familiar situation. But I stayed calm and replied,
--- I have no family. I was with a friend there,
--- Where is your friend now?
--- Gone!
--- Gone? I don’t get you!
--- I was there to bid him good bye.
--- He must have told you where he was going!
--- He was in a hurry, I guess.






Then I again sank in bed and closed my eyes.
I knew she had saved my life but I didn’t have the joy to be alive. I didn’t even have that cold feeling in me. All that I had what emptiness and a question,


--- Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment